Oil Field Accident Lawyer in Texas
Although the oil industry has continuously grown through the years, countless people have been injured or had a loved one injured due to an accident while on the job. It’s vital that people are aware of their legal rights and how to proceed if they have been injured. According to E&E News, “The upstream oil and gas industry has one of the highest rates of severe injuries in the country.” These workers are in constant danger due to heavy machinery, fire hazards, and the potential of falling into the ocean or rig floor. These dangers are part of the daily environment an oilfield worker has to endure. If you or someone you know has been injured, it’s time you seek the help of an oil field accident lawyer.
Various Types of Injuries
There are different injuries one can suffer while on the job. Although these are not all the accidents that could occur, injuries resulting from fatal accidents may include the following:
- Pipeline Explosions and Fires
- Broken bones, Fractures, amputation
- Wrongful death
- Nerve damage
Injuries in this industry vary, some being severe and always without warning. If you or someone you know has suffered an oilfield injury, contact one of our accident lawyers today.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“[Ed] was very informative and provided quality service in an amazing amount of time.”
Steps You Should Take If You’re a Victim of an Oil Field Accident
- Report your accident to your employer immediately. It’s imperative you file the claim even if you’re uncertain the injury is severe. In some injury cases, those who failed to notify their employer of an incident on the job were not able to receive compensation benefits because of failure to report the accident. By reporting the accident, you have the opportunity to potentially gain workers’ compensation. Don’t hesitate to inform your employer of your injury, no matter how minor it may be.
- Seek medical help even if you feel like the injury is not major. If you’ve fallen, you may not feel pain immediately from a broken bone or fracture, so it’s safer to be evaluated by medical personnel.
- Ask for a copy of your medical reports. The medical report will be an asset to your claim.
- Hire a lawyer in Texas. They will assist you on your case, while you focus on recovery.
Accident Lawyers in Texas
Once you report your accident to your employer, it’s time to connect with an oil field accident lawyer. There are different reasons why you need an attorney who knows how to handle your case.
- A knowledgeable and experienced oil field accident lawyer knows the laws for these particular accidents. An attorney can assist you on filing your paperwork and help you seek the compensation you deserve for your accident.
- An oil field accident lawyer can help you gain workers’ compensation. If you’re unable to work, your bills can add up quickly. An attorney could potentially help you receive compensation for medical bills, therapy, and other expenses.
- Once you have reported an accident to your employer, there is a possibility that the insurance company may contact you to ask certain questions about your injury. It’s highly encouraged by our firm that you hire an experienced oil field attorney before you speak with an insurance company. An attorney will know how to handle the insurance company and assist you through the process.
Call Today for Your Free Initial Consultation
Contact a Texas Oil Field Accident Attorney Today
Here at Tormey & McConnell we know how devastating personal injuries can be, and that’s why you need an oil field accident lawyer.
Both Jeff Tormey and Ed McConnell are board certified as specialists in Personal Injury Trial and Law and, together, have over 50 years of experience. If you’ve suffered an injury while on the job at an oil field, you need an oil field lawyer. Call us today at 806-395-5455 or fill out our form for a free consultation. Let us go to bat for you.