A truck accident can change your life instantly. Given the severity of these accidents, investigators, insurance representatives and lawyers representing the trucking company immediately go to work trying to deflect liability and downplay the damages suffered by the accident victims. They do everything they can to pay out as little as possible for truck accident injuries.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side who will stand up for your rights. At Tormey & McConnell, we advocate for the rights of truck accident victims.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“[Ed] was very informative and provided quality service in an amazing amount of time.”Lawyers.com
Our Amarillo truck accident lawyers provide experienced and effective legal counsel in personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from:
- Semi-truck accidents
- Tractor trailer accidents
- Collisions with a big rig or construction vehicle
- Bus crashes
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Other 18-wheeler accidents
The carelessness of truck drivers, trucking companies, truck maintenance companies, and other parties can cause serious injury or even death. Those irresponsible parties should be held financially responsible for the harm they incur. That’s where we come in. We will help you battle the insurance companies, and we’ll make sure you get the full compensation you deserve.
Our team knows how to properly investigate truck driver negligence, such as driving while fatigued, speeding, or driving while intoxicated. We also make it a point to analyze trucking company flaws including inappropriate hiring of truck drivers or poor vehicle maintenance. Our firm uses each bit of information we can find, as well as full documentation of your injuries, to demonstrate liability and the full scope of your personal injury claim.
Call Today for Your Free Initial Consultation
Truck Accident FAQs
Most truck accident attorneys in Amarillo provide a free case evaluation for prospective clients, which allows you to speak to an experienced attorney about your legal options without having to pay a fee. Additionally, personal injury attorneys who accept truck accident cases also generally work on a contingency-fee basis. What this means is that you will not be charged for your attorneys services until or unless there is a successful outcome to your case. The free case evaluations and contingency-fee policy ensure that everyone who has been injured is able to get the legal assistance that they need without paying an upfront cost.
The most important thing to do after a truck accident, for the sake of your own safety, is to seek medical attention — even if you don’t “feel” hurt. Due to the size discrepancy between commercial trucks and most passenger vehicles, the injuries that develop from this type of accident are often catastrophic. However, just because you’re able to move around the accident scene, it doesn’t mean that you escaped the accident unharmed. Adrenaline produced as a stress response after an accident occurs can cause you to not be able to feel the significance of your injury for hours, and many serious injuries such as head and internal injuries can present with delayed symptoms.
Another important action to take after a truck accident is to gather the name and contact information of the truck driver and the trucking company he or she works for, insurance information, the name and badge numbers of the police officers who are at the scene to make a report, and information from any witnesses present. You should never attempt to negotiate a third-party settlement with the truck driver’s insurance carrier without first speaking to an experienced Amarillo, TX, truck accident lawyer.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 63% of all fatal large truck accidents are the result of a two-vehicle collision in which the truck collides with another vehicle. Some common ways in which that happens include:
- Rear-end accidents in which the truck driver rear ends a passenger vehicle due to the inability to stop in time or failure to recognize that there is a vehicle in the blind spot located in the front of the truck.
- Rear-end accidents in which a passenger car runs into the back of the truck, presenting the dangerous possibility of sliding underneath the truck’s carriage.
- Sideswipe accidents resulting from passenger cars in the driver’s side blind spots or vehicles who get trapped between the truck and another object when the truck driver attempts a wide turn.
Yes, you should definitely contact an experienced Amarillo, TX, truck accident lawyer. Your attorney can provide guidance through the complex process of recovering damages, as well as other services, including:
- Determining the value of your case based on the injuries you suffered, as well as the expenses and the impacts that being injured has had on your life.
- The collection and organization of evidence and witness testimony that proves liability and shows the expenses you have paid as a result of your injury.
- Skilled negotiation with the at-fault party’s insurance provider in an attempt to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Assistance collecting your settlement or award.
- Continued representation if the liable party appeals the court judgment.
There can be many potential sources of liability in truck accident cases, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The shipper who contracted with the truck driver
- The individual responsible for performing routine maintenance and repair
on the truck
- The manufacturer or distributor of truck parts
- Other motorists