Allow Our Amarillo Car Accident Lawyers To Go To Bat For You
Texas, the second largest state in the country, is home to almost 30 million people. This population density makes the roads and intersections busy for both residents and tourists.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car wreck, our Amarillo car accident lawyers are ready to help you through the legal process. At Tormey & McConnell, we believe injured victims should receive the compensation they deserve.
Accident Statistics In Texas
The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) shared these alarming statistics from 2017:
- There were 14,299 serious injury crashes.
- 761 people killed in crashes that occurred in intersections or related to an intersection.
- 552 people killed in head-on crashes.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours, 21 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes, 2 seconds.
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
According to the information mentioned above, accidents happen often. When you or a loved one has been injured due to another driver’s negligent actions, our attorneys are here to help.
Most Dangerous Roadways
According to ABC 7 News, the most dangerous intersections in Amarillo include the following:
- S. Georgia & I40
- I40 & S. Western St./Bell St. & Plains Blvd.
- I40 & S. Coulter/Georgia & S.W. 26th Ave.
- S. Soncy & I40
- S. Soncy & Westgate W. Pkwy.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident due to someone else’s careless actions, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and any damages.
Tips You Can Take After An Accident
In some cases, people are not aware of the steps they should take after an accident. The steps you take immediately after a collision are imperative because they can impact your potential claim should you decide to file in the future. Here are tips to consider after being involved in a wreck:
- Check for injuries.
- Call emergency personnel.
- Exchange contact information with anyone involved including witnesses.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Keep records of all your medical expenses.
- Contact a car accident lawyer.
If you follow these tips, it may help you file an injury claim and receive compensation for the pain and suffering you endured.
What Not To Do After An Accident
If you’re not careful with the decisions you make after a car wreck, you can greatly impact your chances of receiving compensation. Listed below are a few things you should never do after an accident:
- Admit fault
- Not call your insurance company
- Fail to file a police report
- Refuse to be seen by a medical professional
If you abide by these tips for what not to do after a collision, you can avoid damaging your claim to receive compensation for your injuries and damages.
What Is Compensation?
Compensation is a certain amount of money given to a victim who was either injured or lost a loved one. It can cover medical expenses, pain and suffering, damages, and lost wages. Compensation is intended to help you with your recovery after a motor vehicle accident and is calculated by various factors.
How Is Compensation Calculated?
- The extent of your injuries
- The medical treatment required for your injuries
- The length of time it will take for you to recover
- Pain and suffering
The compensation you receive is determined by these factors.
Contact Our Law Office Today
At Tormey & McConnell, we know how stressful and overwhelming it is to suffer injuries caused by a negligent driver. We will handle the insurance company while you focus on your recovery. Our legal experience and knowledge can help you with your legal claim.